Monday, March 21, 2011

fab finds

In my post about the Kiwanis Antique Show, I mentioned that I had managed to find some treasures to bring home (never a difficult thing for me to do!). Here are a few of my fabulous finds from that morning:

I was so excited to discover this amazing Swedish cup and saucer.



 

Also finding their way home with me were a white Haeger pot (love the texture), a mid-century glass tray (love the swingin' designs), and a 1942 yearbook from Visalia Junior College in California (love the grinning gent with the ascot in the lower left section of the photo below.)


 
I also found a sweet but frank 1950s book about the birds and the bees ~ I love how the back cover is a reflection of the front cover.




Linking to Thrift Share Monday at Apron Thrift Girl, and to Flea Market Finds at Her Library Adventures ~ be sure to check out all of the fabulous finds at their blogs too!

10 comments:

  1. Love your swedish cup and saucer ...such an sweet happy pattern
    Mardi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet birds and bees book - what a great find.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooo... I adore that cup and saucer! That tray is really fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You found some very lovely items, especially the cup/saucer. I have never come across any scandinavian housewares, yet I live in the midwest!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the darling birds and the bees book! Especially, the way the cover is done. Great finds! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a little green with envy over your simply amazing finds.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not sure why it's so hard to find Scandinavian dishes in the Midwest, but I rarely come across any, so I was amazed to find this cup and saucer. I dream of owning a whole set of these dishes!

    Thank you for all of your nice comments ~ as a new blogger, it's especially exciting to receive and read them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that cup and saucer are adorable! great find. Please drop in at Sophies every week with your finds, looks like you are a keen Thrifter like most of us over there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glorious finds, and photos! I especially love the sweet mod finds, and I always love uncovering old books.

    I love your blog banner, too. My mom has a small collection of those lovely ladies. I scoop one up for her whenever I see them for a decent price.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for your sweet comments! I used to collect the lady head vases and still have a small collection, but the ladies in my banner are actually from a photo I took of head vases for sale at a dealer's booth at the Oronoco Gold Rush Days flea market that I attended a couple of years ago. I loved seeing them grouped together like that ~ I thought they were so pretty!

    ReplyDelete