Wednesday, April 20, 2011

office space

I think I could spend each and every day rummaging through thrift shops and sifting through junk on a never-ending quest for vintage treasures, and I don't think I would ever tire of it. But the fact is that I work full-time in an office ~ and it's a typical office with its dull, flat surfaces and neutral colors. Lately I've been trying to un-boring my office space by adding some bits of color and whimsy here and there:


A wonderful house of pipe cleaners and popsicle sticks, created by my 
seven-year-old son.


Rainbow colors scribbled by my two-year-old daughter.


One of my favorite quotes, next to a paper flower.

 
This paper bird with bell was a souvenir gift from my boss's trip to Copenhagen.


Another reminder of my son.

 
This Liberty of London melamine bowl contains binder clips.

 
A cute winking owl holds notes or business cards.

 
I was elated to find the vintage bowl and cup to hold my paper clips and pens. 
I found them on two separate thrifting excursions, but the colors match so well 
and are so cheery ~ I love them!

I continue to search thrift shops for more unique items to add to my office space. Next on my list is finding some neat vintage planters to use for plants on my office window sill.

How do you brighten up your work space?

1 comment:

  1. Workplaces can be so drab. I love how you’ve personalized and brightened your space. The Copenhagen bird is so intriguing. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete